A Public Space Is Hiring
January 5, 2018
Marketing and Development Director
A Public Space has a unique opportunity for a Marketing and Development Director to join the organization at a time of exciting growth and expansion.
Established in 2006, A Public Space is an independent nonprofit organization that supports an award-winning triquarterly literary and arts magazine; the book imprint APS Books; a Fellowship program; and workshops and public programming. For over a decade, the magazine has been recognized for seeking out and supporting work from beyond established confines. Jesmyn Ward, Motoyuki Shibata, Dorthe Nors, Yiyun Li, Amy Leach, and Kathleen Collins are among the writers whose work has been deeply supported by A Public Space. APS Books is a new imprint that will mirror the magazine’s mission and will launch in 2018 with titles from Bette Howland, the filmmaker Sally Potter, and the artist Dorothea Tanning, among others. The Marketing and Development Director will be part of a small, dedicated team of editors, board members, and supporters who work together closely on these efforts.
The Marketing and Development Director's responsibilities will include:
· working with the Executive Director to help increase earned and contributed revenue;
· working with the Executive Director to create and execute the annual Fundraising Plan and individual donor campaigns;
· overseeing grant writing and foundation research;
· maintaining relationships with donors;
· supporting volunteers, Board, and staff members in their fundraising efforts;
· developing reader campaigns and promotions, including direct mail, subscription renewals, and partnerships with cultural organizations;
· working with the Managing Editor to develop and execute public programming;
· developing and managing social media strategy and implementation.
The Marketing & Development Director will report to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have a strong affinity with the mission of A Public Space and the arts in general; and will be exceptionally organized and detail oriented; bring creativity and imagination to the role; execute ideas at the highest level; and be able to work professionally in an open, collaborative, and entrepreneurial office. Excellent interpersonal skills are required. This is a 3-day/week, salaried position. There is a possibility of expanding this into a full-time role. A Public Space is based in downtown Brooklyn.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing and Development Director in the subject line. We will accept applications through February 1. All age groups are encouraged to apply. A Public Space is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages diversity in its hiring.